Blackmores Echinacea Liquid is an easy to take liquid form of echinacea. Echinacea has traditionally been used to relieve symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections such as colds and flu.
* Relieves symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections such as colds and flu. * Helps to shorten the duration and decrease the severity of cold symptoms. * May decrease the incidence of colds. * Supports healthy function of the immune system. * Premium 1:1 fluid extract (1 mL of fluid extract is equivalent to 1000 mg of dry whole plant) and can be added to drinks and food, making it suitable for children over 2 years.
- Adults Take 1 to 2 mL by measure 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 6-12 years Take 1 mL by measure 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 2-6 years – Take 0.5 mL by measure 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
- 25 drops approx = 1mL. It is recommended that Blackmores Echinacea Liquid is added to juice or water before taking.
Echinacea has been shown to reduce the risk of infections, particularly of the respiratory tract.
One of the ways that echinacea works in the immune system is by increasing the number of white blood cells. White blood cells are involved in defending the body against foreign microorganisms.
Echinacea also stimulates a group of immune system cells called phagocytes, which engulf and digest bacteria or other foreign bodies.